Category Archives: Translated Media-News from Ukraine

Russian asked political asylum in “Boryspil”

05-08- 2014

In the airport “Boryspil”, during the check-in of the passengers arrived from “Sheremetievo”, one citizen of Russian Federation addressed with request to grant him a refugee status. The man explained that he was the resident of Sverdlovsk oblast and had already visited Ukraine. After his return home, he tried to explain his country fellows that situation in Ukraine differs much from that described on local television. However, he faced with extreme misunderstanding of those around and pursuit on the part of the special services for intending to change the people’s opinion. Namely, because of this Russian taking all his necessary stuff decided to leave his motherland and ask political asylum in Ukraine. The representatives of Migration Service were informed on this point by the border guards.

Source: http://dpsu.gov.ua/ua/about/news/news_4793.htm

UNO: 168 refugees entered Ukraine

05-08-2014

Just in the course of the last seven days 6.2 thousand persons left their homes in the east of Ukraine, – it is said by UNO.  

117 thousand persons were forced to change their residence place within the borders of Ukraine and yet 168.7 thousand moved to Russia. The data of UNO Supreme Council on Refugees testify on this fact.  87% of forced migrants originate from Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts. In the beginning of June, the number of refugees from Donbass comprised 2.6 thousand persons, as of August 1, this quality increased up to 102.6 thousand persons. Just in the course of the last seven days 6.2 thousand citizens left their homes in the east of Ukraine.

Before, July 25, it was reported that almost 100 000 persons were forced to change their place of residence within Ukraine and yet 130 000 moved to Russia because of armed conflict.

It will be recalled that in the beginning of July, resulting from the situation on inflow of refugees from Ukraine, an emergency mode was introduced in six regions of RF.

Two hundred refugees from Dontesk moved to Russia. In turn, the former national deputy of Ukraine, Oleg Tsarev said that on July 9, four buses with 200 refugees left Donetsk. According to his words, the refugees will be delivered to one of the camps on the territory of Rostov oblast (Russia).

Source: http://korrespondent.net/ukraine/politics/3401737-v-rossyui-yz-ukrayny-vyekhaly-168-tysiach-bezhentsev-oon?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=v-rossyui-yz-ukrayny-vyekhaly-168-tysiach-bezhentsev-oon

 

Refugee from Donbass has just learned in Uzhgorod that she herself became “bandera”

05-08-2014

Passive refugees from the east are reeducated in the west of Ukraine and become activists protecting the integrity of Ukraine. It was written by Dariya Alexandrovna at the page of social network Facebook, refugee from Donetsk, who was forced to leave ATO zone to Uzhgorod.

“When I arrived to Uzhgorod I got acquainted here with a woman of my age from Kramatorsk. We lived in one house, in a new unfamiliar town, and were distressed for the family left in ATO zone, thus we became friends very quickly. Ira was on her early stage of pregnancy and to avoid difficulties her husband made her to depart from Kramatorsk. She was from those “we are for peace” – she did not attend referendums, she did not fall under the tanks and did not call for “Putin, lenter your military forces!”, but also not obviously differing by public spirit, however, her husband staying in occupied city was ardent “Ukrainian”. She was very distressed that friends and familiars would not inform “some people” about pro-Ukrainian opinions of her husband. But herself, she kept neutrality not trying to accuse one of the sides. She worked as a cook in the cook-shop of one of Kramatorsk factories providing the Ukrainian militaries as well in spring, thus, she was deprived of illusions about the “right sectors” and “fascists.” Their house is located on a hill near the airfield, so they experienced firsthand who was bombing and shooting,”- said the woman.

According to her words, the resident of Kramatorsk preferred “to be above all the squabbling and not act rashly.” “She is from the majority of those in Donbass, and it is due to the low cultural level of life. Manifesting her views, Ira was quite​​, she preferred to endure the pain, if not only worrying the local physician once again. And indeed propaganda about fascist-banderas was vivid and Ira was shamed of speaking about it”, – it was written by Alexandrovna.

She marked that the residents of Uzhgorod felt for forced persons. “…every evening we constantly discussed how is different the mentality in the west of the country and it is the usual thing here, which could not been imagined in the street of our native towns”, – the woman stressed.

According to the words of Aleksandrov, as soon as Kramatorsk was freed, her migrant-friend departed. “We had started to call each other from time to time yet she was travelling in the train. We keep on touch even now. And the thing I have understood: Kramatorsk got back a new person. Bright “bandera” with strong civilian position returned to the town instead of quiet woman without her personal opinion” – refugee from Donetsk said.

“She calls me and tells with divergent response that her country fellows are still the same – they blame National Guard believing in myths about banderas eating Russian babies, they spread information about crucified boys and the like. But if “previous” Ira would listen silently and believing in much things, so “new” Ira does not keep silent. She argues, proves, has conflicts with single-minded old woman, makes example of her personal experience. And judging by the undying optimism in her voice, I believe that Kramatorsk proudly rises from the ashes, if Ira will convince at least half of her friends, “- Alexandrova underlined.

The woman believes that this “re-education” became ​​possible “only because the locals of Uzhgorod showed a drop of sympathy and warm hospitality.”

“Do not try to prove someone that there are no militant Nazi-Bandera in the western Ukraine, nor must it be assumed that there are only entirely stupid person in Donbas. Just be yourself, and then everything will fall into its right place!” – refugee from Donetsk summed up.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/154215

Slovakian policemen shot Transcarpathian smuggler

03-08-2014

The smuggler did not react upon the warning shot of the Police on the territory of Slovakia, not far from Ukrainian-Slovakian border between the villages of Zboj and Novа Sedlica, and it cost him life…

On Saturday morning, not far from the border on Transcarpathia, Slovakian patrol of border police intended to stop the group of illegal migrants by warning shots, however, no reaction was on the part of the violators.

According to data of the website noviny.sk after the second attempt – shoot-out started. One from the group of the violators took the gun and wanted to shoot to policeman, but failed to do it and was shot.  As to data of press-secretary of Sobrance Border Police, Agnessa Kopernytska, police investigates the case and yet no information can be given on this point.

“The weaponed smuggler of Ukrainian origin was shot in the shoot-up intending to cross the border illegally with 5 migrants” – the head of press-service of Ministry of Interior Ivan Netik reported to Mass Media about the incident.

Illegal migrants were not injured.

Ministry of Interior of Slovakia said the first aid was applied to the unsurvivable injured Ukrainian, but he died of the injures at the scene of the accident.

“I have already reported that after the beginning of Russian-Ukrainian crisis the smugglers became more aggressive, and the worst thing is that they began to be armed. I also have said that we cannot exclude that in the nearest future a situation will not arise in which armed conflict can end with health or life loss. And here it now happened”, – Mr. Kalinyak noted.

Now the negotiations on the incident of the Special Service of Slovakia, representatives from Ministry of Interior of Ukraine and Ukrainian border guards go on.

In total, since the beginning of 2014, on border with Ukraine, Department of Border Police and Police on Foreigners’ Affairs stopped 35 cases of illegal cross of the state border from Ukraine to Slovakia.

107 foreigners were detained. The majority, 40 migrants were the Afghan citizens, 18 were from Ukraine, 11 of Somalia, seven from Bangladesh and seven from Palestine.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/154145 

Citizens of Vietnam, Palestine, Syria come in flocks to EU countries through Transcarpathia

01-08-2014

Staff of MOI together with the border guards detected and detained a group of illegal migrants, in the number of 8 persons, in the course of special operation conduct in the suburb of the village of Storozhnytsya.

Out of them: 7 males and only one woman without documents; 3 persons – citizens of Syria, 3 men and a woman – fromVietnam and a citizen of Palestine, who were moving towards the state border to the 317th border sign located in the village of Storozhnytsya. They intended to cross illegally the state border of Ukraine beyond the international check point for automobile connection “Uzhgorod”. Abovementioned persons were delivered to the Border Department “Uzhgorod” for filtration actions processing and administrative and procedural documents preparation.

Investigation goes on…

http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/154100

Google maps “gave away” two Georgians just to the hands of Transcarpathian border guards

31-07-2014

In the frames of actions as to strengthening of counteraction to illegal migration Transcarpathian border guards detained two people from the Caucasus region during the past day.

In the course of monitoring of Ukrainian-Slovak border in the area of BS “Uzhgorod”, two persons were detected from an observation watchtower, who were moving towards the border.

Task force arrived to the area secretly, it allowed unknown persons to approach to engineering structures closer, and while overcoming them the strangers were detained.

At the place of occurrence the violators reported that they were natives of Georgia, but had no any documents verifying their identity.

Also “pseudo-travellers” mentioned that they made their way to Slovakia, and then they planned to get to Western Europe. By the way, according to the man’s recognition, they planned the route through Ukrainian-Slovak border with the help of the Internet service Google maps.

The violators were brought to the department to clarify the circumstances of the violation and process administrative and procedural documents. The decision on responsibility before the law and destiny of the detainees will be defined by the court.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/154079

Transcarpathia would like to participate in UNO refugee project

28-07-2014

TheheadofOblastAdministration Valeriy Luchenko sent a letter to Regional Representative of UNHCR in Republic of Belarus, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, Oldrih Andrysek concerning the participation of Transcarpathian oblast in the Project of UNO Agency on refugees’ issues…

In particular, the following was said in the letter – citizens from the Crimea and the eastern areas arrive to the oblast. Funds for their social support are taken from the oblast program “Care”. Theyalsogetassistancefrompublicorganizations.

Regardless of efforts of government agencies and the public, certain difficulties arise with settlement of the citizens (dwellinginthehotelsdoesalways notsuit thefamilies with little children).

Thus, participation of Transcarpathia oblast in the Project stipulating the option of lump-sum payment helped more socially vulnerable citizens to pay out the expenditures connected with the settlement to more adapted accommodation.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/153965

 

 

Number of forced resettles from the East comprises more than 100 thousand

28-07-2014

More than 100 thousand Ukrainians are forced to become resettles because of the events in the east of Ukraine. “The number of persons of internal resettlement from the east of Ukraine (86%) has increased up to 101617 persons as to July 25, 2014”, – it was announced by UNHCR.

UNO reports that it continues rendering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable levels of population, who return to Slavyansk, Donetsk oblast.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/153958

One of the detained persons in Volyn had a photo with gunmen

25-07-2014

Two citizens of Syria were apprehended in responsible area of BS “Grabove” by the border guards of Lutsk Detachment. One of local inhabitants informed about their appearance in the border area. Soon, border detail detained two citizens of Arabian appearance nearby control and investigation line. The men were looking for the way the Western Buh with the help of the map of Volyn oblast. Meanwhile, detainees reported that as if they made their way to their relatives, who worked in Polish city Vlodava. According to the results of the investigation it was managed to establish that foreigners got to Ukraine in 2007 and 2009 aiming to studying in Luhansk. Besides, there were photos in the personal stuff with the gunmen now conducting fighting in the east of Ukraine. As one of the detainee explained he just sold fast food at the railway station of Luhansk and in the beginning of the fighting actions made several photos with the gunmen. Is it truth or not – will be established soon. So far, SSU staff carries out verification action as to possible participation of the detainees in terrorist groupings.

Source: http://dpsu.gov.ua/ua/about/news/news_4715.htm

850 persons arrived from ATO zone and the Crimea to Trnascarpathia

24-07-2014

As to July 24, 850 citizens are registered on the territory of Transcarpathian oblast, who temporarily moved from occupied territory and regions of Anti-terrorist operation (ATO), out of them 629 persons from Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, 221 from Autonomous Republic of Crimea. Out of 629 persons from the eastern oblasts – 109 men, 203 women, 234 children in the age of 18 year old and 83 disabled persons and seniors.

The majority of them are accommodated in Uzhhorod, Uzhhorod (263) and in the town of Mukachevo, Mukachevo (172) regions. Aiming at complex approach to solve the problems on supplying with top-priority needs of the arrived citizens, twenty-four-work of Transcarpathian regional headquarter was organized concerning the issues connected with social support of the citizens resettled from temporarily occupied territory and regions of ATO realization. Corresponding qualified aid is rendered by the psychologists of Department of State Emergency Service of Ukraine. All citizens applying to the regional headquarter are provided with temporary housing.

Source: http://www.ua-reporter.com/novosti/153851